a Lincolnshire village
Dunston is a small village, 9 miles south east of Lincoln England, with a population of about 700. Around 1100 A.D., the village was called Dunestune and means Dunn's farmstead or village.
It is twinned with a similar sized village, Trange, near Le Mans, Sarthe, France and has an active twinning association.
Nearby, the remains of the Dunston Pillar, once a great road lighthouse, stands on Dunston Heath.
Historically, the village has met the needs of the local farming community but it now acts mainly as a feeder village for Lincoln.
Latest Dunston News:
- Dunston Methodist Church Update Summer 2012
- Dunston Bowls Club Summer 2012
- Dunston Twinning Association Update Summer 2012
- Dunston Civil Parish Boundary
- Dunston Pillar
- St Peters Church
- St Peters Primary School
- Dunston Parish Population Graph 1801 - 2001
- Dunston Maps 1826 / 1890
- Whites Directory - Dunston - 1842 / 1856 / 1872 / 1882 / 1892
- Dunston Photo Gallery
- The Dunston Dossier
- White Horse Inn
- Nocton Estates Walk
- Metheringham Area Transport
- Visit Dunston, South Staffs