including Blankney, Scopwick, Nocton and Dunston
The Old Meg Flour Mill
Welcome, friend, to our little corner of the world. Whether you've arrived here by accident or by design, make yourself at home. There's much to do here, much to discover. We hope you find what you're looking for. The information you'll find here during your visit with us is all about our community, our lives, our heritage, our favourite places.
Whether you're a long term resident or have moved away, whether you are seeking family history, if are young or old, there will be something here for you. Metheringham, or 'Meg' as we affectionately know it, is a thriving, medium sized village situated 10 miles south east of Lincoln, East Midlands, England. A beautiful, beautiful part of England. We love it and hope you will too.
Find out what's going on by reading our latest news magazine or check out our events diary. Stuck for a local plumber, builder or electrician then select one from our business directory. You can make your views known on our forum. Take a stroll down our Memory Lane section and see how we used to live. Immerse yourself in our photo archive which contains over 450 photos from the past 100 years. You may even be able to look up an ancestor or two in our 1881 census database. If you like what you find then leave your mark in our guestbook.Latest News:
- Site closed to new content - The end of the road.
- Metheringham Area - Summer Flooding - June 28 2012
- Metheringham Parish Council Annual Meeting Minutes - 29 May 2012
- Best Kept Village Competition 2012
- Metheringham PC Special Meeting Minutes - 01 May 2012
- Blankney Signal Box and Crossing July 26, 2013, 06:23:41 AM
- parking in metheringham July 19, 2013, 08:50:46 AM
- parking in the village around princess street high street April 23, 2013, 02:02:08 PM
A quiet week! There are no events scheduled for the next 7 days.
This site is now closed to new content. Thanks to everyone who has contributed over the past 11 years.