The Old Post Office,
The Old Post Office is one of the oldest buildings in Metheringham village and was originally constructed circa 1645, shortly after the Great Fire of Metheringham in 1599. Over the years the building has been substantially altered, particularly in the Victorian Era when the original thatch was replaced by clay pantiles and new windows and dormer introduced. The building was used as the village Post Office from the late 1920's until 1996, when the business was transferred to the Lincolnshire Co-operative Society Limited and the premises were put on the open market. At this time the Parish Council, in conjunction with North Kesteven District Council, looked into the possibility of acquiring the building for use as a Heritage Room, but regrettably no funding was available. The building stood empty for a few years but has not been bought by a private buyer who is currently restoring the building.
in other Lincolnshire Post Offices?
web design (c) the weaver 2001-2004