Meg PC: June 2009 Archives
METHERINGHAM, SOTS HOLE & TANVATS PARISH COUNCIL
A meeting of the Parish Council will be held in the Village Hall on Tuesday 30th June 2009 at 7.30pm. Prior to the official start of the meeting a public forum of not more than 15 minutes will be held if required. The public may then address the council on current matters, or issues which may become future agenda items. A Police Report will be given at this time.
AGENDA 30th June 2009
1. To resolve to accept Apologies for Absence and reasons given
2. Members Declarations of Interests: Members may make any declarations of interest at this point but may also make them at any point during the meeting in accordance with the 2000 Local Government Act.
3. Reports from representatives on outside bodies
a) To receive a report from the County Councillor.
b) To receive a report from the District Councillor.
c) To receive reports from Council representatives on other outside bodies.
4. Notes of the Annual Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 26th May 2009, to be approved and signed as the minutes
5. Clerks report on matters outstanding (previously circulated)
6. Financial matters:
a) To consider membership renewal of the Society of Local Council Clerks for 2009 at a cost of £133.00.
b) To consider a request from St Wilfrid's Church for a donation of £250.00 towards the upkeep of the Churchyard.
c) To resolve printing of the Metheringham History leaflet at a cost of £350.00.
d) To consider hiring the Extreme NK Mobile Skate Park at a cost of; 1st day - £130.00, consecutive day £110.00, or the new Climbing Wall at a cost of £250.00 per day.
e) To consider accounts for payment.
f) To receive a report from the RFO on the PC finances, Income and Expenditure.
7. Planning Committee: Notes of the last meeting held on 10th June 2009, to be approved as the minutes (previously circulated).
a) To note general correspondence (publications and letters are available for viewing).
b) To consider a letter from NKDC inviting council members to the annual community partnership event to be held on Monday 13th July 2009 at 10.00am at NKDC Council Chamber, Sleaford and decide accordingly.
c) To consider an invite from Lincolnshire Police, CPR for LIVES, gala celebration dinner 1st August 2009 at 7.00pm at the Epic Centre Lincoln Showground at a cost of £35.00 per person and decide accordingly.
9. To receive reports on Outside Meetings:
a) To receive a report from members on Councillors Training event held 2nd June 2009.
b) To receive a report from members on the East Midlands SLCC Regional Conference held 23rd June 2009.
10. To receive reports from Working Groups:
a) Fayre & Feast
b) Highways, Footpaths & Car Parks
c) Risk Assessment
d) Street lighting
11. Recreation field & related issues: To receive an update following advice from Bridge McFarland Solicitors.
12. Metheringham History Leaflet: To receive an update following meeting held 8th June with ArtsNK re: design of new history leaflet, incorporating Spires & Steeples trail.
13. Allotments: To receive an update following the proposal for new allotments and pavilion.
14. The Quality Parish Scheme: To agree how to progress the way forward.
15. Standing Orders MPC/001-R5: To approve proposed amendments to Standing Orders MPC/001-R5 (details of revisions previously circulated).
16. Date, time and venue of next meeting: Tuesday 28th July 2009 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
Ms S N Wetherall
Clerk to Metheringham Parish Council
Date: 22nd June 2009
Minutes 10/2009 of Metheringham Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 31st March 2009 at 7.15pm in the Village Hall.
Minutes PL01/2009 of Metheringham Parish Council Planning Committee Meeting held on Wednesday 12th May 2009 at 7.15pm in the Church Hall.
Your unpaid councillors are here to help and represent you. To find out what they do and how you can have your say in local matters, why not come along to a Parish Council meeting. If we are not the correct authority to deal with your query, we will happily point you in the right direction.
The Clerk, Chairman and many councillors have attended training courses and conferences throughout the year to keep abreast of new legislation and to see how we compare with other Councils.
The council currently consists of eleven councillors, ten from the Village Ward and one from the Fen Ward. At the Annual Meeting of the Council held on 26th May 2009 Cllr Dr Allen was re-elected as Chairman, Cllr Mrs Honisett as Vice Chairman and Cllr Ford as the Responsible Financial Officer.