Metheringham Area Map Archive
Metheringham Area maps
In addition to the small, static maps on each of the village pages, scattered around this site there are several useful interactive maps of the Metheringham area. The most prominent are:
- Metheringham Area Location Map - Displays the location of several key places in our area. You can pan, zoom and change map type. Try the aerial view (SAT) to see into your neighbours back garden! By clicking on one of the small location markers , you can obtain driving directions from anywhere within the UK. Let the MACLA Web team know if you would like any other locations adding to the list. Tech Note: Built using the Google Maps API
- Metheringham Photo Archive
Location Map - About 100 of the photos in
the Photo Archive have been 'geo-tagged'. This involves adding a location
element by to the information about the photo. The positions are then displayed
on a map as markers. Clicking on any marker will show a small thumbnail
of the relevant photo. Clicking on the thumbnail will take will take you
to the photo archive. Tech note: Built using a Coppermine Mod by TranzNDance
- Metheringham Aerial Imagery Comparison - A neat lttle application that links together the aerial imagery offerings from Google (Google Maps) and Microsoft (Virtual Earth). Pan & zoom functionailty is provided. What you do in one is mirrored in the other. Tech note: Developed using Map Channels
- Metheringham Area Civil Parish Boundary Map - The Civil Parish boundaries have been derived from Ordnance Survey Boundary Line. A degree of transparency has been added to the layer for ease of use. Tech note: Built using the Google Maps API
- Metheringham Area Street View - See what our area looks like from our streets and roads. The 360 degree panoramic street views, taken every 10m, are provided by Google. Tech note: Built using the Google Maps API
1947 Ordnance Survey Maps
This was the first series of OS maps to contain the new kilometre-based National Grid, based on the Transverse Mercator projection. These excerpts are taken from the 6th (New Popular) Edition of the 1 inch:1 mile series, Sheet 113, which was fully revised in 1920 and includes corrections up to the publication date of 1947. It should be noted that there is no evidence of any WW2 activity, such as military airfields, on the map sheet. Click on the smaller images to open a larger map in a new browser window.
1890 Ordnance Survey Maps
This Ordnance Survey First Series of old maps show what Metheringham & the surrounding villages looked like in 1890. They are supplied courtesy of The Landmark Information Group & Ordnance Survey. Click on the smaller images to open a larger map in a new browser window. Use the browser scrollbars to move around the map. Please be patient as these maps have been kept quite large to retain the detail and may take up to a minute to load.
Images produced from the www.old-maps.co.uk
service with permission of
Landmark Information Group Ltd. and Ordnance
All Images Copyright © Landmark Information Group Ltd and Crown Copyright 2001. All rights reserved.
This series of smaller maps show what Metheringham & the surrounding villages looked like in 1826 taken from an actual survey by A. Bryant. Click on the smaller images to open a larger map in a new browser window.